Austin Kid’s Directory is giving away a family 4-pack of tickets to the LEGO KidsFest Texas at the Austin Convention Center! To enter simply submit a photo of your family’s favorite LEGO creation along with your name and phone number to email@example.com beginning July 29th through August 12th. Photos will be posted in an album on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/austinkidsdirectory and a winner will be randomly selected and notified by phone and email on August 13th.
The LEGO KidsFest is a giant traveling LEGO expo coming to the Austin Convention Center August 31 – September 2, 2012. This hands-on, educational, all-ages LEGO extravaganza features millions of LEGO bricks not to mention lots of construction zones, dozens of life-sized LEGO models and displays, LEGO Ninjago and LEGO Games, group builds such as Creation Nation, live LEGO Master Builders, and so much more covering three acres of space. Five identical Sessions are available and tickets are $18 for kids and $20 for adults.
Use the coupon code “AKD12” to receive a discount when ordering tickets online from July 27th through August 17th. Based on shows in other cities, each session has a strong possibility of selling out. In order to ensure your admission to the event, purchase your tickets online http://www.legokidsfest.com/austin/index.html before the event or at the venue’s box office during the event.
Here is a sample of the fun activities that will be available:
• LEGO Model Gallery: 40 life-sized models made entirely from LEGO bricks
• LEGO Master Builders: live demonstrations and activities from the crew who get paid to play
• Creation Nation: build your own creation to add to a custom map of the U.S.
• Race Ramps: build your own custom car, then race it down the ramp against friends and family
• LEGO Games Arena: roll the dice to play LEGO board games
• Construction Zones: creative free build, play and display areas
• LEGO DUPLO®: younger visitors can explore imagination through building
• LEGO Retail and KidsFest Marketplace: purchase LEGO merchandise and official KidsFest tour goods
• Brick Pile: a gigantic pile full of LEGO bricks for creative play and enjoyment
• Monochromatic Builds: bricks of a single color to foster group creativity
• Brickscapes: fantastic displays that combine lots of LEGO and DUPLO sets
There are about 62 LEGO® bricks for every one of the world’s 6 billion inhabitants and laid end to end, the number of LEGO® bricks sold in a year would reach more than 5 times around the world.
So mark your calendar for some family fun and visit http://www.legokidsfest.com/austin/index.html for all the details!