Schlitterbahn Ticket Winner Chosen!
Congratulations to Karen Pearce, the winner of our random drawing for a family 4-pack of tickets to Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels! Thanks to everyone who entered and offered tips. We received so many good suggestions that we wanted to share!
* #1 tip! Bring your own food and drinks..it saves lots of money, you will eat healthier and stay hydrated. And kids can bring their favorite snacks;)
* Wear water shoes or sandals
* Apply sunscreen before leaving the house…and of course reapply, reapply!
* The “old” park is just as enjoyable as the “new” park
* Use the Guest Services station, very helpful if someone gets lost
* Freeze your favorite snacks, drinks the night before
* Use a second small cooler to carry and store personal items or rent a locker for valuables
* Pick a spot for home base near a kid friendly area if you have younger children
* Let the older kids go ride a couple of rides at a time and check back in
* Take advantage of the onsite lodging at Schlitterbahn and get special privileges
* Take a waterproof camera
* To avoid crowds, go early or late in the season, during the 1st or last 3 weeks that they are open
* Fewer crowds on Wednesdays
* Divide and conquer! One person stakes out the spot for the day while the rest of the group rides the favorite ride without waiting in line
* Go early! Parking is easier and lines are shorter in the morning. As lines get longer, spend time in the lazy river or the less crowded areas
* Stay late! Lines also thin out at the end of the day…and you get your money’s worth by staying all day
* Buy tickets ahead of time or get coupons from the Kid’s Directory
Check out the inside back cover of the July edition of the Austin Kid’s Directory for a Schlitterbahn coupon for $2 off per person on up to 6 tickets. If you haven’t yet experienced Schlitterbahn…put it on your water bucket list. So much fun for all ages and one place where the whole family can have fun on a hot summer day!