Hello Disney Fans!
During this unsettling time, we realize that many of your travel plans have been changed or cancelled with little notice. With the temporary closure of Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort and Disney Cruise Line sailings, a lot of spring travel dreams have been postponed for a bit.
We know this is so disappointing but let’s try to look on the bright side of this difficult time. Each day, it seems as though more people are sharing their special skills on social media and this is a gift. We are all trying to connect online, share more family time and get through this together!
If you are looking for a fun way to add some Disney magic to your day while we are all staying home – take a look at these great resources:
- Disney has also added the smash hit Frozen II to Disney+ months earlier than expected to help keep families entertained at home. Also, the brand new Disney/Pixar film Onward is now available for digital download and will be available to watch on Disney+ April 3rd! This is a great gift from Disney and allows us all to have a fun movie night at home.
- If you need snacks for your Disney movie night, why don’t you try making some Disney-themed treats? One of our favorite things about visiting a Disney Destination is enjoying all the delicious and fun food. Plenty of Disney recipes can be found here: https://family.disney.com/recipes/
- If you’ve ever been one of many guests who’s visited a Disney theme park and found yourself wishing you were an Imagineer, there’s a new, free online program where Disney Imagineers share their unique skills and encourage creativity.
- If you are missing art class, Disney cast member Stephen Ketchum offers up a series of tutorials on how to draw Mickey Mouse.
Or… check out Walt Disney Animation’s YouTube page and learn how to draw Sven from Frozen II:
- While Walt Disney World Resort is temporarily closed, don’t worry about the care of their animals. Disney has a dedicated team tending to the thousands of animals who roam the savannah at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. If you love animals, take a look at behind-the-scenes videos of beautiful creatures like the magnificent meerkat.
- Lots of celebrities have started to read storybooks online and one of our favorites is actor Josh Gad (Olaf!). You can check out his twitter feed at @joshgad to access his storytime.
- If you just can’t get enough of the park attractions, check out the many virtual ride videos on YouTube. Be aware that these posts will contain spoilers, so if you want to be surprised the first time you experience a new attraction like Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance or Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway, don’t watch those videos!
- If you miss some of the wonderful street performers in the parks, many of the entertainers are sharing their talents on social media. Start following the Disney Parks YouTube channel and enjoy music that the Dapper Dans are making from home:
This is an unprecedented time for us all. We at Kingdom Planners wish you the best – stay healthy and take care of one another in these uncertain times. Our hearts are with everyone around the world who have been affected by the COVID-19 outbreak and we are incredibly grateful to all who are working hard to keep our communities safe.
We are beyond grateful our amazing clients – most of whom are trying to reschedule trips instead of cancelling – and for our team of wonderful, hardworking agents. Rest assured, we will be here for you when the time comes to travel to our favorite family destinations!